Banner

Orchard Girls

Friday, August 2, 2013

Dollar Store Laundry Room Makeover + FREE Printables

Happy Friday! I'm super excited to share my project with you guys today. Believe it or not, I was about to toss this idea all together when things started going crazy! I almost threw some things through the window. But, I took a deep breath (and maybe hit something with my hammer...) and finished! I gave my laundry room a much needed little...sprucer-up-er? Eh, you get the idea.
You would think this project would be easy, right? Wrong. That shelf took me a good hour to hang up. Let's just say that it did NOT want to be my friend. Other than that, everything else was easy-peasy.

Here is a breakdown of what I did:
1. Put up the devil shelf.
2. Used dollar store frames for all of the printables I made, and the vintage GE advertisement.
3. Stuck a vintage tin on the shelf for collecting things found in pockets, and my jar of oxy-clean.
4. Stenciled the dollar store basket, and put all of my dryer sheets in it.

I have a huge costco jug of laundry detergent on a nearby shelf- the devil shelf would not hold that much weight.

And that's it! It definitely makes an empty wall look a lot cuter- and it gets stuff off the top of my dryer!
If you would like to download and use the printables I made, here are the links:
Let us know if you use any of these printables! They were super fun to make. 

Maybe this will inspire me to keep up on my laundry. Our dryer wasn't working well for a while, and things started backing up. It's fixed now, and things are still backed up. Oops. Better get on that. :)
I hope you guys have an absolutely amazing weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Adorable ~ It's amazing how a few little frames with your printables add to the charm of the laundry room ~ I like the one with the buttons and the Check Those Pockets is a great reminder! Thanks for sharing both your makeover and printable creations :) Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judi! I've washed several chapsticks and pens before, so I always need that reminder! Thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comment.
    -Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the printables. Thanks for sharing! I'm visiting from Blissful and Domestic Feature Friday linky party and am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laurie! You are very welcome, I love sharing printables. Have an awesome weekend.
      -Kenzie

      Delete
  4. You ladies always have the cutest crafty stuff that you make seem so quick and easy! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! We're still getting used to the idea that people actually read our blog, Lol. So it is nice knowing you enjoy it! :)
      -Kayla

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Hanna! We stopped by your blog and are now following along with you, as well! :)
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this, Kenzie! If my laundry "room" wasn't part of my kitchen, I would totally be printing these out! :)

    Alexis at http://laugh-eat-learn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could still print em out, Alexis! :) Who cares if it's in your kitchen?!
      -Kenzie

      Delete
    2. These printables are perfect!!!! I just started blogging in May and discovering other peoples blogs and all the info out there. In my journey of making life changes, as a part of the process I am working to rid my house of clutter and chaos. Well this week was the first time I picked an area of the house and have stuck with it till its done instead of bouncing around...and what was that area? The LAUNDRY ROOM!!!!! I didn't realize how much uneeded junk was in there and it will probably take me another week to finish...but I saw your link on Blissful and Domestic's feature link Friday party and clicked it and the printables are just that extra added personal touch the room will need when I am done....thank you!!!!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, MJ! Best of luck de-cluttering your laundry room! I'm sure the printables will look awesome in there!
      -Kenzie

      Delete
  7. That looks so cute. What a great look on a budget. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, we're glad you like it! Its amazing what you can come up with when you have to be creative with a budget, isn't it? Thank you for stopping by!
      -Kayla

      Delete
  8. What cute printables. I will definitely keep them in mind to use in the future. Thank you for a lovely visit for the blog party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kayesi for the sweet comment and for stopping by our blog!
      -Kayla

      Delete
  9. This is very cute, I love It! Great Idea! ~ IlonaPaperPassion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! Have a great day,
      -Kenzie

      Delete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...