Banner

Orchard Girls

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

DIY: Personalize a Recipe Box

Hey all! I hope you enjoyed Kayla's post on making your own personalized bunting! I know that I will be making some whenever we are blessed with a child. Shoot, I may whip some up for Bella's dog kennel.

Today, I'm going to share a really quick project with you. When I received my very first recipe box in the mail via etsy, I knew I needed to make or find some dividers for the recipe cards. As the true art-store-addict my husband thinks I am, I decided to make my own.
The only things you'll need are: recipe box, scrapbook paper, scissors, a ruler, stickers (optional), and notecards.

You will have to measure how tall your box is, so you don't make the dividers too tall. You'll also want to make sure there is enough of the divider showing above the notecards that you can read the categories. Once you've done that, you can start cutting your dividers. I decided to cut mine twice as long so I can fold the card over. This comes in handy when I need to save my place while going through my recipe cards. 
Next, you just need to decide what categories you will need and write them on the dividers. I wrote mine on some little heart stickers I found at Michael's. I believe they were from the Martha Stewart scrapbooking section. The categories I have are: Appetizers & Snacks, Main Dishes, Side Dishes, Desserts, Breads, and Beverages. I have one empty divider that I keep blank notecards behind.

And that's it! Now you have some cute dividers that fit perfectly in your recipe box. The hardest part, like Kayla said yesterday, is picking out the paper. :)

I hope that you are all having a great week, and I will be back again tomorrow to share my salsa recipe-- in time for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...